DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Foveon snail

jesito

This one has been taken with the Polaroid X530 and little processed with the Adobe Lightroom.

View attachment 2134

As more I use the X530, more I like it...

Regards.
Jes.

Attachments

• PIMG0057.jpg
    EXIF
    PIMG0057.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 17
Jes...Great Macro....I love the signature under the snail...

I hope you don't mind but I wanted to run it thru Nikon NX2....to see if I could sharpen it a little...here is some enhancements I came-up with...it got a little more grainy...when I did the enhancment...but let me know what you think...

View attachment 2135

View attachment 2136

Again great shot...and thank you in advance for letting me play with image...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Attachments

• PIMG0057[1-1].jpg
    EXIF
    PIMG0057[1-1].jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 8
  • PIMG0057[1].jpg
    EXIF
    PIMG0057[1].jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 5
Hi Tony,

Feel free to play with any of the pictures I post ;)
One of the things I like most of the X530 is the way it generates the noise: It looks like film grain. I like your processing, I'm afraid that sharpening such a small image (400px) has put some artifacts (halo) around the shell that probably would'nt have appeared with a bigger image. If you want I can send you the original image (prior to resizing for uploading to the forum), to play with. Or maybe the halo was there and the B&W makes it more visible... ;).

Regards.

Jes.

Back