DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Musing about the new forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That name was already raken in 2001.:)

It iis almost impossible nowadays to find good free available domainnames.

But we are ver happy with our name. I would have never thought, that this is still available.
Of course! A name as simple (and eloquent) as The Forum would have been snapped up long ago. I should‘ve known.

And, dirk, you’re right about the current name—it’s a good one, too.

It is even worse. All domain names, which are 3 or 4 letters only - no matter in which combination - are registered already. There are companies who make a living in registering good domain names and try to sell them for thousands of USD.

If I would have a time machine, I would go back to 1990, get a huge loan at my bank and buy every domainanme I can think of. I would be millionaire today...

It is even worse. All domain names, which are 3 or 4 letters only - no matter in which combination - are registered already. There are companies who make a living in registering good domain names and try to sell them for thousands of USD.

If I would have a time machine, I would go back to 1990, get a huge loan at my bank and buy every domainanme I can think of. I would be millionaire today...
I can easily understand that. The profit motivation is strong and this is one way to cash in. Too bad you didn’t have a time machine. You’d be living high off the hog.

I can easily understand that. The profit motivation is strong and this is one way to cash in. Too bad you didn’t have a time machine. You’d be living high off the hog.

I then would travel all day long my whole life, learning different cultures, languages and people, making pictures all the time and would have the photo forums with best domain names :)

ok, we can dream... :z04-123:

I then would travel all day long my whole life, learning different cultures, languages and people, making pictures all the time and would have the photo forums with best domain names :)

ok, we can dream... :z04-123:
I’d pretty much do the same. I will dream that dream tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back