DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

What to buy SD10 or SD14?

artemp

Hi All!

I want to buy Sigma camera and I'm planning to use old M42 lenses.

I decided to compare SD10 and SD14 and for me thier technical specifications are almost the same. Of course SD14 has more megapixes and SD10 has 1/6000 shutter speed. As for me I don't care about megapixels.

Because my budget is small now I'm thinking whether to buy SD10. I saw the pictures taken with SD10 and it is good and I understand that most of the things depend on photographer.

Now I'm asking for advice on what to buy. May be I missed something in my comparison and SD10 will bring me a lot of headackes or whatever...

In my view the plus of SD10 is AA bataries.

I hope to see your answers and advices. Thank you.

Hi,
I think a SD10 is a good camera to start with.
As said you plan to use M42 lenses,so you go manually.
Everything you can do with the SD14,you can do with the SD10 as well.
Some M42 lenses are quite heavy,so the SD10 gives a good balance.
Regards
Uwe

Hi Artemp,

I would support Uwe.

If you can purchase an SD10 at a good price ... go for it! It is a fine camera, too. It should be difficult to see differences between a good SD10 shot in comparism to a good SD14 shot.

Pixel counts have lost a great deal of importance, since all the cameras have very good resolutions. In most cases it is the lens or the photographer's ability that marks the limit.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Many thanks for your answers!
You have completely cleared my doubts. I will go for SD10 then.

Back