DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

first impressions D100

I did some research both on the net and on the field. A lot of D100 users had the same gripe about the camera. The Fuji S2 Pro users seemed to be more satisfied. They say the Fuji Super CCD produced a sharper image. What really botehred me about the D100 was that it didn't have a synch terminal. I use studio flash often. I didn't want to go out and purchase an adapter that can easily be lost in my travels. The Fuji has one built in. Plus, Fuji had a few more things to offer that were optional with the D100. Right now, Focus is offering the Fuji for 180 bucks less tahn what I purchased it for. I should have waited another month.

Thanks, Michael. That's useful information. I have the S1Pro and am bothered by the lack of sync terminal.

I'll take another look at the S2.

I am probably going to order my D100 today. Probably just get a 512mb card first. Any advice on cards? I am particularly concerned with any compatability problems.

[I purchased a 1G card. Problem is if you fill it up, it does not fit on a cd. Something to think about.]

I purchased a 1 gig ofr my Fuji S2. Sorry! But for mne it was a better camera. ANyhow, no regrets about the one gig here at all.

[Anupam] Dear D.Fish I think you have a point there, and what u bring up is an issue faced by many others, however this is something the technology has to answer and I am sure something will come up. As for 1gig size of the card, that's cool, u can always dump it in a folder and get some more to split in 2 cd.

I am having difficulty with pictures being too dark. I've re-set the Menu (just in case) and have tried to get back to factory defaults.

However, all my exterior (as well as interior) pics appear to be under-exposed.

White Balance, etc. are all set to auto...for now

I am having difficulty with pictures being too dark. I've re-set the Menu (just in case) and have tried to get back to factory defaults.

However, all my exterior (as well as interior) pics appear to be under-exposed.

White Balance, etc. are all set to auto...for now...

Is there a particular area that I should look?

Many thanks

Back