CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

Kitchen Window

J

jerryplemons

First Attemp at Image Upload......

IIIf RDST, 50mm Summarit f1.5, Tri-X ISO400, D-76 1:1, Coolscan III, levels adjusted in Photoshop CS. Can I post a larger-size image? This one is 300 x 186 pixels. Or is there a better way to post images?

J

jgea

Jerry,
Good job! But you should go to the "Photo Gallery"(see the links at the top of the page or click on this:
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
) and register. You will be able to upload bigger pictures.

Juan

J

johne

Jerry,
Couple of suggestions. Save scan as tif. Make corrections. Resave as jpeg and set size to 100 KB. Each save of a jpeg file degrades the final image. This way, only one save of jpeg. [with kudos to Swann where I got this info]. Johne

J

jerryplemons

Johne,

Thanks for the reminder. I generally save the scans coming from the Nikon Coolscan as 8 bit tiffs, work them over in Photoshop, save a master as a tiff, then save a small jpeg for the web. I have discovered that my Coolscan is not functioning properly and will probably have to be replaced with something else - like Minolta's 5400. Jerry