DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax TVS Digital

Kyocera (Yashica) FineCam S5 vs TVS Digital. Are these cameras twins? Looking at them in the latest B&H catalogue, I cannot help but notice that the specifications are nearly identical, including the lens' zoom ranges and speeds. Undoubtedly, they have many of the same components. Could it be that even the lenses are identical, only one is labeled Carl Zeiss and the other is not?

> Could it be that even the lenses are identical, only one is labeled Carl Zeiss and the other is not?<

I've wondered this ever since I saw them. I wish I could know for sure. The Finecam is a lot less money. Maybe a side by side is the only way to find out. I'd bet Kyocera will never say. Jeff

Anyone have anything to say about shutterlag with the TVS digital? I use a Sony DSC-s85 for digital stuff and the shutterlag is maddenning. I sold my T3 because of shutterlag and prefer my T(original) or RTSIII. Thanks. Ezekiel

I have not tried using the TVS digital myself, but this is what I heard from a friend of mine.

The shutter lag of the TVS digital can be so fast as 2 shots per second. You can take 3 consecutive shots with the finest resolution, then the buffer is filled-up.

This is achieved by the improved software. It is another point that makes the TVS digital different from Kyocera (Yashica) FineCam.

Back