DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss and Canon 10D

Hello Michael and Albert

Thanks for your compliments. The nice colors comes from both the CZ glass and post-processing ... and the quality of Canon's CMOS/Digic sensor/processor. I did a very simple side-by-side test with a Canon lens and found the images to be very close ... but the winner is still the CZ glass - the colors are kind of more creamy and well balanced. I asked my colleague (a Leica freak!) if he can tell the difference, and if he can pick the Zeiss image from the two 13 x 19" prints ... and he picked the CZ image without having to look very hard at all!

The Canon images are great too - lots of colors - but just a tad too contrasty I think. No, I have not taken any flash/portrait pictures with the CZ.

As far as I am aware, there is no N-mount/EOS adaptor, but try the following 2 web sites. You can also email Zoerk to ask them:

http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_mounta.htm

http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-manual-lenses/

Good Luck!
Bobby

Hi Bobby, Thanks for the links. Zoerk site does listed Contax N mount and Contax 645 mount in their product line. I bet they will fit into the Canon body. If Contax does not offer a new dSLR, EOS 1Ds is not an bad option for me.

Albert.

You all are so knowledgeable about different mount adapters. Does anyone know how I can change my Contax Mount Schneider PC SuperAngulon Shift lens to a Contax N Mount? Also is there any news as to Yashica or Kyocera's digital SLR at Photokina?

Thanks, Stan

I received this reply yesterday from Zoerk in connection with the possibility of an N mount for EOS bodies, similar to their C/Y to EOS adaptor. They said:
-----------------------------
1. Contax N lenses need an electronic device for handling their diaphragm. In this case and in case of their big diameter of the lens bayonet (it can not stick inside the EOS camera bayonet mount) the possible adpter ring must be thicker than 3,5mm and infinity focusing is loosing. Fot Contax RTL , Nikon and Leica R lenses we make adapters for EOS cameras.
----------------------------------
Looks like some major jiggery-pokery would be required.

Hi Everybody,

I have 4 CZ MM Mount lenses (25/f2.8, 50/f1.4, 100/f2, 80-200/f4) and a RXII. As you know, the production of RXII has been stopped. I'm considering a 2nd body with mirror lock-up but the RTS III is just too expensive for me and I've learnt here that the MM mount lenses can be used on EOS bodies by using an adapter. The EOS 3 seems a logical choice but I still have a few questions about using an adapter :

1) Can I see the aperture value of my CZ lenses through the viewfinder of EOS body?

2) Can the 18/f4 and 100-300/4-5.6 lenses be used with the EOSs?

3) Is the CY-EOS adapter from Zoerk the best? How much does it cost?

Barry.

Barry,

1) No, there is no aperture information displayed (and it is manual stop-down).

2) Yes (I use the 100-300mm myself).

3) Sorry, don't know. I use the Cameraquest adapter and have found it to be well constructed, easy to use and reliable.

Cheers,
Matt.

Back