DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Logitech remote control and SD14

copilus

Hi!
Today I needed to take some mirror-up shots with my SD14. The problem was that I had to use an shutter-release cable or a remote control. So, I've had a spark! I own an Logitech Harmony One remote control so... got the picture. I've launched the remote's application to configure it, but no camera is listed in the application. The remote has a "learning" system which clones other remote's signal but I don't have a SD14 remote to clone.
So, now comes the big question: did any of you succeeded in using other's equipment's (TV, VCR etc) remote with SD14 so I could set it into my remote?

Stereotype P.S.: Sorry for my english!

Interesting :)

No, i have not tried it...but now i am inclined to do so! Also, if it interests you, i came across a RF remote controller for the Sigma SD14 on Ebay.

If you are interested, i can look it up for you and send you the link.

Stay well.
Sendhil.

ok, but...

Yes, thanks, I know there are remotes for sale, but the whole point is to make it work with other remotes (like Harmony).

What's the point of cloning a RS-31 when you need to have one to begin with ?

I have a RS-31 and rarely use it since you need to be in front of the camera, in view of the lens, to use it.

I have also looked into what the RS-31 transmits, just a short burst and then nothing until the button is depressed a second time.

I have a RF remote which is great for close or distant control from anywhere around the camera.

Well Steaphany, the point is that I asked if someone found a remote of another home appliance which uses the same IR signal code as RS-31's so that I could find it in Logitech's database, so, no need to have one. And, that's exactly my point (you have to use it front facing) so, if I won't use it so often, why bother buy one. If I'll clone it, ok! If I won't, it's ok too... Just that I'd like to do it.

Back