DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Aperture spot with use of 184

Larry, I love your "simple story".

I have reached the age of glasses too. I used to be bemused by the need for autofocus but since I bought an AX, I now know which camera I prefer to use!

Should I pick the AX, 167MT, 137MA, FR, FR1, FR2 or FX3 Super 2000 to put my Zeiss lenses on (forget the 139, ST, RX, RTS III, S2, I owned and sold). Maybe I sould try my old Leica IIIc or Contaflex?

No competition! The AX wins nearly everytime (except for Astrophotograpy .... the FX-3 wins there!)

I can understand the preference for the G2, .... and I'm not a Leica basher. Good cameras and good lenses should be appreciated without bias!

Cheers, Bob.

FYI-
the meter in my Aria with a 85mm lens is on target with a my spot meter and hand held gossen
digi-
The MM meter system is very accurate
larry

Susan-

saw your note about the 85mmm and the 28-85mm lenses- I have both and the quailty of the pictures is equal at 85mm- One you get used to the lenses re: wgt size you just use them-the only difference is speed of lens-
larry

Im going to try to see if the Metz 3802 is in sync with the G-2 today- I recall the Metz listing is for a 382 module for the G-2!

I will try it and post the results

Larry

Larry,

Please see my two posts today under thread "General Flash questions for G1/G2. Believe they will clarify the situation. Interestingly the 3802 manual also says the module couples to the G3 ?????? - we wish! Wilson

Hi
Just ran a check with the 3201 and the Metz 40Zi
on the G-2-It is in syncy in manual mode-but a bit too bulky to use
Larry

re: 28MM f 28LENS

i HAVE USED THIS LENS WITH A WA HOOD BUT NOFILTERS
AND WITH FILTERS- i HAVE NOT NOTICED A DIFFERENCE- HOWEVER i ALWAYS USE THE B+W SLIM FILTERS- WHICH MAY MAKE A DIFFERENCE- BUT I DID READ THAT FILTER AND HOOD WOULD CAUSE PROBLEMS ON THIS LENS-

NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH CLOSE UPS USING SLIDE FILM OR PRINT FILM- IM NOT A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER

OTHERS WERE ASKING ABUT THE 85MM F1.4-WHAT A LENS-JUST BEWARE AT WIDE OPEN ITS F1.4, BUT AT F5.6 AND 4.0 UNREAL! I ALSO HAVE THE 28-85MM AND FOR LESS BAGGAGE IF YOU CAN LIVE WITH THE SLOWER LENS IT IS A HELL-OF-A-LENS -AS SHARP AS THE 28 OR 85MM ALONE AT SAME F STOPS

LARRY

Back