DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

sigma 150-500mm problem

alan2

Hi all, I have a 150-500mm apo with image stabiliser. It is quite noisy when the image stabilser is activated, making like a motor running sound and a click after a couple of seconds when it has finished. It works fine, just irritatingly noisy.... anyone else had this problem? any cure?

All of the OS models will have that noise it the motor...if you think it is too excessive...contact Sigma...and let them take a look at it...make sure you send it with a copy of the reciept...

I have an 80-400 and 50-500 that is quite noisy also...

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

When using OS, my 120-400mm makes a clunking noise after focusing. When using the camera outside, the noise from the lens is barely audible; but that's probably because the shutter noise from my canon is enough to wake the dead.

Back