DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Zeiss Planar 85/1.4 with Mutar I

G

Does anybody have experiences with this combination ? I think it could replace my Sonnar 135/2.8.

Hi MIlos,

I have been using the combination of AX + P85/1.4 + Mutar I for a year. I cannot compare the quality of 85/1.4+Mutar with 135/2.8 because I have never used 135/2.8. I can only tell you my experience that they provide me the convenience though the weight is definitely heavier. The feeling of holding it like holding a 180/2.8. Because of my AX's extension function + the 2x, it also provides a significant macro work. The quality are good. Normally, there has no difference under the print of 8x10. Maybe the quality of P85/1.4 is so good. You can review the Forum of P85.

P8.5x2=170. My personal idea is that you have to ask yourself which range suit your style. Of course, 2 lenses are better than one lens. If you feel Okay. Keep the the 135mm/2.8 for awhile. As you are okay to use P85 + 2X, sell out the 135, and vise versa. If you are satisfied by both, keep them all.

Merry Christmas,
Francis.

Back