DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hola from the desert SW

stuwee

Hi all, Craig in Tucson Arizona here. In the 1950's my Grandfather went to Europe to help start up the steel mills after the war, they lived all over, he was a self-taught engineer and a camera buff. He bought a Contax IIIa when they came out and used it for many years.

I have recently been given this camera to use, I've only had SLR Canon's for the last 30 years, so this rangefinder is a new learning curve. It's sat unsed for 15+ years in my mothers closet, should I have it looked at first? It doesn't appear to need anything, but I can't get it to wind or release the shutter. The entire camera operation looks very alien to me. Thanks for having a nice place to visit and I look forward to meeting ya'll :z04_yes:

BTW, I'm an avid vintage stereo nut and diecast model car collector (all scales). I have thousands of Lp's.

Craig

Back