DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Hi from Los Angeles!

Hello there!
Chris Ross Leong here, Asian Brit transplanted to Sherman Oaks, California in the Greater Los Angeles area.

I started off as a professional fashion and beauty photographer in the mid 70s and still kinda sorta keep my hand in. You can see some of my stuff here:
modelmayhem.com under chris ross leong.

I've not been a Sigma user yet, but have had (and still have) many Sigma lenses in my Nikon kit, which I'm now mainly using as part of a 35mm Depth-Of-Field kit for a HD camera - yes, I moved over to cinematography in 35mm and Super 16mm before changing mainly to producing, writing and directing. However, I still have a boatload of camera equipment including stills gear, and am very seriously considering adding a DP2 to my collection.

My stills cameras still include a Leica M2/35mm Summicron and a Bessa RF 6x9 folder, and Rollei TLRs.. Kodak Nikon DCS cameras, you get the picture.
So I don't think I'll be spooked too much by the DP2's lack of user friendliness, but I do know that I already love its RAW imagery!

Any comments much appreciated!
Cheers
Chris

www.chrisrossleong.com

http://www.modelmayhem.com/129967

Chris, I was looking at your portfolio and watching your reel and you have some beautiful stuff on there. Your bio is very inspiring. I leave right next to Sherman Oaks (in Valley Village) so perhaps we'll bump into each other someday. I'm a Panasonic P2 guy (HPX170 with a G35 adapter).

Hey, absolutely!
I'm running an EX1 with Letus Elite and Nikon and Lomo primes, though the stuff right now on my reels are mainly plain EX1, just because I didn't have enought of a camera crew when shooting them.
Absolutely let's get in touch!
Cheers!
Chris

Excellent! Yeah, I saw that pic of you with your rig and I recognized the Letus (the prism flip level gives it away). ;)

I've been shooting motion picture for awhile, now just getting into some still photography with my fabulous new Sigma SD14. I'll send you a PM with my contact info. :)

Back