DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Any idea on what is causing this??

Steve,

The B&W makes it look eery.....but the stone looks great with the light....

Nice shot again...

Tony C.:z04_cowboy:

This has happened to me several times.
I asked Sigma about this phenomenon. Their thoughts was lens flare. Keep the lens clean and use a lens hood.

Maybe.

I can say that when this has occurred. I have shot at small aperture's. f16/20. With my 2 wide angle lens. 17-70mm and 12-24mm.

If I shoot at full wide on either lens. Then it more than likely, this will occur. If I back off full wide a 1mm or 2. Then this doesn't occur.

I also auto bracket quite albeit. Though I can't honest say if that has been a factor.

I certainly wish it didn't happen. Though this is what I have found and corrected to keep this from occurring.

I have owned my SD14 for 1 1/2 years.

Hi aknbean,

Thanks for posting your experiences.

I went to the same location yesterday with my new Vario 35-70 f4.

I couldn't repeat the same problem, it definitely wasn't lens flare in the tree shot, so i think both Luis and yourself are on to it more than Sigma.

Thanks for the reply, and welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Steve

You should NEVER stop down to more than f11 on a Sigma DSLR, unless your taking macros, firstly because its simply not necessary...f8 is usually enough to give focus right out to infinity...And secondly because your pics will be soft due to diffraction...Most lenses are sharpest between f4-f5.6, the Elmarit 28mm f2.8 being no exception, so try to shoot at no more than f5.6 whenever possible.

Back