DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sculpture 3

George1

Hi, my eagerly awaited Sigma 8-16 mm has arrived! it was meant to be with me last week but there were issues with the delivery that pushed my patience a little. I thought I would shoot the sculpture again. My 17-70 was unable to fit this into the frame as there is a restricted amount of space to move back in from this angle. The 8-16 managed the to frame the whole object with room to spare. I shot from about 15 foot away. I did not try to correct the distortion and for some bizarre reason I shot this as a jpg! A pure accident and I must have done it while in quick menu.

The others are the anchor points for the sculpture and a clock tower you can seen in the lower left hand side of the first image. The latter was shot from 10 foot away again I decided to leave the distortion. I have feeling I am going to have fund with this lens!

Attachments

• SDIM0857.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0857.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 11
  • SDIM0872.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0872.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SDIM0876.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0876.jpg