DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fall in Diamond Fork Canyon

toisondor

The weather and the colors have been just perfect for some lovely trips into the mountains of Utah. Here are a few shots I recently took.

SD14 with 18-50 EX macro (at 18):
View attachment 2129

I usually shoot in aperture mode and let the meter do a lot of the work for me. These were all set for -.7ev or less. There is so much reflective light off of the leaves, I find I need to underexpose, or else too much of the color gets blown out:
View attachment 2130

Even at -.7ev, much of the color was washed out. This shot is -1.3ev. It's basically the same as shooting stained glass in a dark church:
View attachment 2131

Standing there, bathed in multiple shades and hues of light, it's hard to imagine that you can really capture a piece of it to take home:
View attachment 2132

Hope you're all enjoying this fall,

Jesse

Attachments

• DF-1.jpg
    EXIF
    DF-1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DF-2.jpg
    EXIF
    DF-2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 10
  • DF-3.jpg
    EXIF
    DF-3.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 6
  • DF-4.jpg
    EXIF
    DF-4.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 10
Great shots....I really love the first one...hope you don't mind I tried it as a B&W image...with a twist...

View attachment 2133

Great shots...!!!

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Attachments

• DF-1.jpg
    EXIF
    DF-1.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 12
the b&w conversion is an good idea. It is funny, ho the sme picture can have so many different expressions, just if you switch this. I should try this with my own pictures more often...

That's pretty fun, Tony. I like the twist.
I'm glad you like that shot. I was standing on a bridge over the water and took my time to carefully compose and shoot looking down stream. Then, just as I was about to move on, I took a quick snap looking up stream, almost as an afterthought. Of course, it's the quick shot that came out the better of the two.

Jesse

Great shots....I really love the first one..

View attachment 2313

Great shots...!!!

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

You choose the worst of the 4 photos and the modify is makin this photo more ugly, how can everyone say is wonderful the modify !!?? They need frindship for good vote over their photo and for this they will never grow in this art !

Back