DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma Look

Guest .

Banned
Hi All,

since this is an exclusive single brand SIGMA-forum, there cannot come up the typical "My cam is better" fight, which can be observed in mixed forums.

So many times, the SIGMA 3D-look has been discussed, praised or denied.

If there is such a thing like a SIGMA-LOOK, it is said to be due to the Foveon sensor technology, that makes images that clear colourful and three-dimensional.

Since there is no antialiasing filter and no Bayer-colour-estimation necessary, the result is an extreme pixel sharpness and lively colour recording.

I think, there is this certain look.

View attachment 384

Sigma raw-data are that rich, contain such an increadible amount of image information, that our digital darkroom becomes a place to "discover" our shots. The Foveon simply records much more image information than fitting on one single photo. We have the free choice to choose, what we like to see.

Fill Light -in particular- is an outstanding feature of SIGMA RAW, which is absolutely unique.

View attachment 385

Colours, sharpness and plasticity are eye-catching.

I very much like doing precise and accurate work with my SD.

View attachment 386

SD14 / SIGMA 80-400mm EX OS (@351mm) / f:6,3 / (1/320s) / ISO 200 / (freehanded)

View attachment 387

.... another 3D ....

View attachment 388

View attachment 391

....pixel sharpness and colours as clear as glass ....

View attachment 389

View attachment 390

....difficult light? ...a challenge for SIGMA

Hope that all Sigmatonians enjoy their SDs as much as I do! :)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Attachments

• sample 9.JPG
    EXIF
    sample 9.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 21
  • sample 4.JPG
    EXIF
    sample 4.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 22
  • sample 5.JPG
    EXIF
    sample 5.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 14
  • -Mauereidechse-.jpg
    EXIF
    -Mauereidechse-.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 10
  • -Steinadler-.jpg
    EXIF
    -Steinadler-.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Rote Heidelibelle-1.JPG
    EXIF
    Rote Heidelibelle-1.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 20
  • -Sunset-.jpg
    EXIF
    -Sunset-.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 12
  • -Silbermöwe1-.jpg
    EXIF
    -Silbermöwe1-.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 18
Hi All,

since this is an exclusive single brand SIGMA-forum, there cannot come up the typical "My cam is better" fight, which can be observed in mixed forums.

So many times, the SIGMA 3D-look has been discussed, praised or denied.

If there is such a thing like a SIGMA-LOOK, it is said to be due to the Foveon sensor technology, that makes images that clear colourful and three-dimensional.

Since there is no antialiasing filter and no Bayer-colour-estimation necessary, the result is an extrem pixel sharpness and lively colour recording.

I think, there is this certain look.

View attachment 363

Sigma raw-data are that rich, contain such an increadible amount of image information, that our digital darkroom becomes a place to "discover" our shots. The Foveon simply records much more image information than fitting on one single photo. We have the free choice to choose, what we like to see.

Fill Light -in particular- is an outstanding feature of SIGMA RAW, which is absolutely unique.

View attachment 364

Colours, sharpness and plasticity are eye-catching.

I very much like doing precise and accurate work with my SD.

View attachment 365

SD14 / SIGMA 80-400mm EX OS (@351mm) / f:6,3 / (1/320s) / ISO 200 / (freehanded)

View attachment 366

.... another 3D ....

View attachment 367

View attachment 370

....pixel sharpness and colours as clear as glass ....

View attachment 368

View attachment 369

....difficult light? ...a challenge for SIGMA

Hope that all Sigmatonians enjoy their SDs as much as I do! :)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Hello, Klaus!

You have really "done it" this time. Your sentiments are mine too. We are truly "on the same page" and our SD14s have become extensions of our hearts.

When I was recovering form my heart condition last year, one of my best therapeutical "treatments" was to take my camera into the wilderness and let nature run its course. It might sound a bit odd to others but Sigma/Foveon helped my recovery!

Sincere regards, JR

Back