DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Another one got through!

Hello to Sigma Forum from somewhere in England.

After six attempts, I finally managed to get past the NO GMAIL account police! and gave up on my search for your advertised 'Introductions forum'.

It would have been easier to get back into Zimbabwe to photograph Mugabe beating his wife!, or onto Tianamen Square wearing a SAVE TIBET T-shirt! But I thought I'd opt for a challenge instead !:-§ [That's my *ironic* smiley]

Anyone know of a good spam filter - that doesn't involve an arbitrary ban on the best email service around? If anyone's interested, gmail IS googlemail - it's the same service. Users who were early adopters can use either name.

Anyway, I'm fairly new to Digital SLR photography, having just migrated to a Sigma SD14 after a long break from film.

I shoot anything that interests me, but mainly landscapes at the moment, and not nearly enough interesting people. In the past I've shot everything from Royalty to Barry Sheene, Victorian dolls to racing cars and WW2 aircraft.

I'm also a Mac user [Sigma and Mac seem like natural kin], with over 20 years experience. So I'm hoping to pick up some tips and share advice and experience where I can.

Have a good one

G

Graham,

Congratulations....and :lol: (love the graphic detail)

I would try AOL..they have a free service and the spam filter seems good...

If your used to film you should love the SD14...I look forward to viewing your posts....and agian welcome..

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Aol???

I'm assuming that was a joke.

If not, I was referring to the Sigma User Forum's need for a spam filter to alleviate the need for the police action!

GMail has the best spam filter on the planet. I never loose ANY mail and nothing bad ever gets through. The idea that ANYONE would blacklist GMail is frankly ludicrous to me. Indeed I use it as my business address and for secure storage of documents.

And as for aol, well, I think the book on that pile of ç®å∆ has been written, review trashed, remaindered, deleted and burned by now. I have friends still stuck on their awful contracts who's PCs are reduced to door stops by aol email!

I would love someone to explain the reason for the no GMail rule, especially when GoogleMail is fine!!! As I said, it's the same thing!

It was a joke....I don't know why they will not let you use your gmail account....but Dirk is on of the forum moderators and you might want to ask him....because I don't know...

But never the less...I did not mean to upset you...just poking fun at your coment about needing a better email address with a spam filter...

Have a great day..

Cool

Before a coffee in the morning my joke detector is a bit iffy. You didn't upset me though tc95.

Having said that, as you may imagine, some people do find my ironic and occasionally oblique sense of humour a little 'challenging' at times.

But I genuinely never attack or flame anyone.

Now, here's my first question: Have any members had much success mounting an SD14 onto an MTO-11CA 10/1000 (mirror type/ without diaphragm) Telephoto Lens? I put it that way round because the MTO dwarfs everything around it!

And which forum should I be asking this one on?

Have used this lens for work on an old Zenith B! [bomb proof and still going] and more recently on a Canon AE1. Now I want to see how it copes with the 1.74 [?] crop ratio, for more fun stuff!

G

I would second what Uwe said....the only issue you may have is the fact that when mounted the flash might not let it sit right...I had this issue with a reflector that I tried...my converted SD14 to Nikon F....would not fit on so I had to use a TC to give it a little lenght for the mount...the lens we were using was a cheapy so you might have better luck...

I evetually just bought a 800mm f5.6 Nikkor and have fun shooting with that...

There is always something you can make to get it to work....

Tony C.

"""""CAUTION" these lenses may not work on all 35mm cameras with built in flash or other protruding devices on the front. The MTO-11CA 10/1000 telephoto lens diameter at the mounting flange is 126 mm or 63 mm radius. Measure your camera from the center of the lens mount to determine if any camera part extends more than 4 mm in front of the mounting ring within this radius."""""""""""""""""""""

That´s the point.
You definitely will need an TC or intermediate ring to mount it.
Regards
Uwe

Late reply

Sorry for the late response you all your feedback here back in June.

The reason are: I was off on a job, then my Mac went in for some vital remedial work - new logic board and screen... don't ask! And I simply forgot the url to this site - senility!

Still haven't made a decision on which way to do this, but I think the Polish adapter looks like it will leave about 0,25mm clearance between the flash/prism housing!

Will post the conclusion as soon as I have one, as well as some shots.

Back