DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

DP1X experiences: street photography

Yan49

Hello, has anybody here suggestions and photos to share about using the DP1X for candid / street photography, with specific regard to sharpness / blur issues related to hand-held shutter speed and the use of the lcd display?

Thank you so much

I love the DP1x and own a DP1s. My own view is that sharpness is not a problem but the maximum of F4 might be a bit slow for some lightling situations. Speed of focus can be an issue and the file write times are slowish with the camera being inoperatable for several seconds. So I do miss a few opportunities and find the expereince a whole lot less spontanious than I would like. Others may disagree but I think the DP1 needs a more considered approach.

I do use mine for street, but it is a lot more versatile in other areas. I love it for buildings, church interiors, still life and landscapes. I took the attached today in Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, it was a grundgy grey day and just starting to get dark. I used 1/60 at F5.6, ISO 100. I dont say this is a great image, but it is typical of what I get.

Best wishes

Attachments

• street (1 of 1).jpg
    EXIF
    street (1 of 1).jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 22
Back