DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Best way to protect attached finder

G

I like to carry two cameras with me, one with an attached wide-angle finder. What is the best way to protect an attached 21/24/28 (or other) finder on camera when this camera is not in use and is stowed in a bag? Do you think this additional protection against scratches and bumps is necessary or is it overkill ifn this camera is in the a camera bag? I'd like to keep this wide-angle setup ready to shoot.
A second question would be regarding current options for everready camera cases with top "bulge" for the this finder. I know Voigtlander has such a case for the Bessa L with smaller 15mm finder.

> I would suggest the very best thing to do is leave the finder in place and > just be careful.

I have a 21mm finder. When I want to protect the glass while on camera and in the glass, I just slip the little black leather 'finder' case over the top of the finder itself. Upside down, and just let the snap hang over to the side.

Back