DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Ricoh 28mm LTM lens Any comment

> This lens has excellent sharpness & contrast. Bokeh pretty good too. It has some pincushion distortion. It is nicely made and has a smooth solid feel. The lenshood intrudes into the bottom L hand corner of the > finder. The lens cap comes off too easily; I kept dropping mine until it fell just right onto a hard bit of paving and acquired a slight dent on the rim that makes in clip into place with a solid click and stay in > place.I use it on an M4 with a bayonet adapter.

Hi,
I've owned a Ricoh 28mm for one month two years ago. I did not satisfy with this lens because the contrast too high and the color satuation is not up to my requirement. It is an expensive lens, and I prefer the lastest version of Elmarit 28/2.8 or Minolta CLE 28/2.8. Recently, I found the Cosina Voigtlander Skopar 28/2.8 and Ultron 28/1.9 are producing better performance than Ricoh. This two Japanese Voigtlander 28mm lens reqire half to 60% price of Ricoh.
Chris

Back