DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a spin-off of dpreview. We are a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. From smartphone to Medium Format.

DPRF is a community for everybody, every brand and every sensor format. Digital and film.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

EOS Rebel 7i

Hi,
I used Canon AE1 for a 7 yrs and now i am planning to buy a AF camera. i was not able to decide whether to buy Rebel Ti or Elan 7.after reading lot of reviews i decided to buy Rebel Ti. most people advised to buy Elan 7 b'cos its rated higher than the Rebel series, but the major differences i can see between Elan 7(NOT ELAN 7E) & Rebel Ti is the shutter speed of 1/4000 & 4fps. since i decided to keep my budget not to cross $350, i am planning to buy Rebel Ti. plz let me know if i am making a good choice for this price and if there are any othere models for this price plz let me know.I am planning to buy at B&H,NY.

please reply ASAP, Thank You.

I too have upgrades for a Canon AE1P to the Rebel Ti and have been very pleased with it so far. I purchased the Rebel Ti body and lenses 28-90 f/4-5.6 II & 75-300 f/4-5.6 III for $464.

Mark

Thank you for your info. I just bought a Rebel Ti today without any prior knowledge, on a whim. My dad had the eos 2000, and seems to be happy (one of about 5 cameras) I just wanted to upgrade from a 30 year old Pentax with battery problems. I hope this was a good investment ($300 at Price Club, includes 35-80mm f/4-5.6III lens)

Back