Lens Hood for Zeiss PC-Distagon

skeeton

Hi,

Does anyone know what size lens hood is suitable for the PC-Distagon. The contax home page doesn't say although it does say a 70/86 stepping ring is required.

Thanks in advance,

stuart

skeeton

Thanks Vivi,

Is it ok to use a filter on the 70/86 ring or does this negate the effect of the ring as a hood?

stuart

vini66

Hi Stuart according to my information you will get problems with 70/86 ring and filter in this moment when you are shifting to the maximum. I never tried it for myself because I'm not in the lucky condition to own this nice masterpiece. There is also the possibility to ask the people from Zeiss. I' m sure they will help you. Vini

skeeton

Thanks for the input. I have to admit I still a little confused. The above web site talks about a slip on 86mm filter to be used in conjunction with the 70/86 ring but the Zeiss PDF file mentions a 70mm clip on filter. I am awaiting delivery of the lens and when it is in my hands I'll explore the issue further.

europanorama

the ring is ok. 70/86mm. but if you want to use an additional cap you must improvise. i use one from novoflex to be but in-between. i have never used filter. maybe one has to choose ver slim ones. 86mm are very expensive.

skeeton

I received this reply from Zeiss.de when asked whether the filter to use on the PC-D should be the 70mm clip on type or the 86mm used on the 70/86 step up ring

"I would recommend the solution with the step-up ring, because clip-on filters are not available
in a rich choice, and because you are in any case on the safe side with respect to vignetting,
if you use the lens with maximum shift. With the step-up ring you also have the possibility to cascade two filters (e.g. polarizer colour correction) - with a narrow filter
size there would be vignetting in the
corners."