DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

2005 Contax Predictions

Hope Zeiss will continue its lenses and provide us with a Canon adaptor, perhaps a good solution for the time being.

This of course if this is technically possible at all ... but I doubt it.

Why can't the guys at Zeiss's come up with a good new manufacturer for the 'new' Contax brand, hopefully Sony or Matsushita will show some interest; above all both have outstanding reputations when it comes down to service and aftercare. Or even better, let Contax and Leica sit around one table and have them discuss possibilities of a merger or joint venture ... somehow I believe they embarked on the same trip somewhere along the line. Although Leica is not yet bankrupt, and Zeiss is still around ... they should be really concerned and stick their heads together to come up with a solution ASAP.

By the way, where did the 'Contax' name originate from? Or did I just promote myself to Kindergarten?
happy.gif

Last message (I promiss!)

The Nihon Keizai Shinbun anounced today that Kyocera is leaving the Digital Camera market. The models under production will be phased out this summer. There won't be future development of new digital cameras, the newspaper said. Kyocera will concentrate on camera modules for cell phones. If i understood it correctly, the article is in Japanese, there was nothing said about 35 mm film cameras or the 645 line. There was no Press Release in the Kyocera Japanese page until now. Can anyone give a reason to keep my N1 body and lenses. I already brought home some Canon brochures. I wish there was a digital future for the N lenses line, but that seems improbable.

Cristiano, there is no reason to keep the lens system that produces images Canon only wished it could produce. So you should sell immediately to me. While the N gear is now worthless, I will still be fair in paying you a decent price for certain pieces. ; -)

Here is an idea! While certain adapter makers have said it is not possible to make one for N to Canon EOS mount, I wonder if enough money would make them look closer and use their creativity to MAKE a solution? DJ has said he would pay 1K for such an adapter. So would I. Get ten of us to commit and maybe someone would figure it out. }}}}

Is it anything possible ? Who owns the rights for the N lenses mount design ? Carl Zeiss ? I think there would be a market in Japan for the N to EOS mount adapter, small though. I saw the manual focus to Olympus 4/3 mount adapter for sale at a big camera shop today. So we have 3 for a N to EOS mount adpater wish list. Anyone else ?

My understanding is that the N lens would have to be actually inside the Canon body to get close enough to the sensor for infinity focus. It's just not physically possible.

The only solution would be for Canon to make a deeper body with the sensor further back, then it would work. I think we all know the chances of that happening :-(

Of course that was completely dense, durrr.
It would need a narrower body with the sensor closer to the lens.

Back