DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

User comments btil June 2003

Too keep dust/fluff out I carry the cameras in a resealable poly bag > in my pocket. Certainly the quality of the photos (sharpness/contrast > at 7x5 enlargements are equal to the Contax and Leica offerings. >

You could increase the sharpness/contrast of the lens by taking it out of the resealable poly bag when you shoot! S.

Actually, polyester blocks UV fairly well, plus he can use it as a filter to soften faces in portrait work.

-Dana

"Posted by Sonny Carter on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 2:50 am:

Too keep dust/fluff out I carry the cameras in a resealable poly bag > in my pocket. Certainly the quality of the photos (sharpness/contrast > at 7x5 enlargements are equal to the Contax and Leica offerings. >

You could increase the sharpness/contrast of the lens by taking it out of the resealable poly bag when you shoot! S."

>I understand the Ricoh 28mm lens was also made in Leica M mount (not sure if it is still available)> Which says a lot for the optical quality of this lens.

Dear All

Yes I do take my GR1s out of its re-sealable bag - though perhaps I could use the camera in the bag UNDERWATER. Like the idea of the cheap portrait filter - poly is also less messy than vaseline!

Anyway here is the address of an interesting article that compares the GR28mm lens to the equivalent Elmarit M and R lenses!

Robert
http://www.imx.nl/photosite/japan/japanese28.html

I used to use the polybag method too for my Minilux at first.

When I wanted a case my dealer told me that the Minilux Zoom case is better than the Minilux case - and he was right. It's very well designed and very well made and discrete.

You see these Minilux Zoom cases all the time at eBay and I guess they would fit quite a few cameras.

Back