DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Minilux II wish List

G

Posted by Justin Scott

The Minilux is essential when projecting slides on a big screen, particularly alongside other Leica slides. I returned the Ricoh, lovely camera that it is, when projected the slides were distinguishable from the Minilux.

I agree with Graham the Minilux could do with a faster shutter and I have added a much needed lens-hood which made a noticeable improvement to the colour saturation and contrast.

I agree with you both. Here is my Minilux 2 wish list: shutter to 1/1000th and not overridden to a slower value in program. Slightly larger buttons on the top, larger viewfinder, clear display of shutter speed and aperture in the finder, easy attachment of filters and hood (bayonet like the T3), and offer black chrome as a regular issue. Not such a tough list and would greatly increase sales of the Minilux. Lens? Leave it alone!

Pie in the sky list? Spot metering as well as averaging, full manual override, and hotshoe like the Zoom.

Charles hit the nail on the head. I know of lots of high end P&S aficionados who would jump to get that camera. Can someone forward this request to Leica R&D? ;-) I just fear that the 35 format will be side-lined for digital.

Posted by Charles Fralick on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 2:36 pm:

I agree with you both. Here is my Minilux 2 wish list: shutter to 1/1000th and not overridden to a slower value in program. Slightly larger buttons on the top, larger viewfinder, clear display of shutter speed and aperture in the finder, easy attachment of filters and hood (bayonet like the T3), and offer black chrome as a regular issue. Not such a tough list and would greatly increase sales of the Minilux. Lens? Leave it alone!

Pie in the sky list? Spot metering as well as averaging, full manual override, and hotshoe like the Zoom.

Charles, I think you just almost described the M7.

Sonny http;//www.sonc.com

Well, isn't that the goal of a posh Point and Shoot? The ideal point and shoot would offer image quality on par with system cameras but with more automation and compact size. I would argue that and enhanced Minilux would be MORE capable than an M7 with a single lens. My T3 is pretty darn close and my Minilux only needs a little tweaking to become the mini M7 that I would like to have.

> Posted by Charles Fralick on Monday, October 14, 2002 - 5:38 pm: > > Well, isn't that the goal of a posh Point and Shoot? The ideal point > and shoot would offer image quality on par with system cameras but > with more automation and compact size. I would argue that and enhanced > Minilux would be MORE capable than an M7 with a single lens. My T3 is > pretty darn close and my Minilux only needs a little tweaking to > become the mini M7 that I would like to have.

Charles, I quite agree; I think my minilux actually takes a little more thought to use (successfully) than my M6.

Erwin Puts says about it: "Overall, it is a fine camera, which is suitable to cover many an assignment where now the M-system is used and exlploiting its potential is a joy and a challenge. I might be tempted to say that the mastering of the Minilux is the final exam for becoming an experienced Leica user."

http://www.imx.nl/photosite/leica/magazine/minilux.html

Sonny http://www.sonc.com

Since there started already a kind of wish list in the other Minilux thread, I decided to move these messages into this new thread.

What would be on your wish list for the new Minilux/minilux zoom models, if they should come?

dirk

I wish for a waterproof minilux. Also a faster shutter speed, a set filters and a way to attach them, and the ability to take time exposures.

Smaller body and faster shutter speed is all it needs to become a fixed lens M camera.

Faster shutter speed and a lenshood; Available in titanium and black.

Turkey skinned for the collectors.

Back