DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Is a new ND around the corner

Thank you Bobby, we all know that
happy.gif
The only with would be if that camera accepted Zeiss lenses
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Duh! Bobby, get in the back of the line ... you need to read a few posts back in the thread
biggrin.gif

Hi, all!

So Photokina 04 is gone in the past....and we still didn't hear anything from Contac concerning an new ND......how sad!

After a long time with the RTS III (more than 10 years) and some years with the 645 (I sold it recently because my new locatiosn don't allow me to take a medium format outfit with me, but I loved the camera and the lenses impassionately) I am searching for a system for the future.

Contax N System would be great, I absolutely don't want to use any other lenses than CZ...but is there any perspectice for the future of the system? Contax is still keeping silent on theit pro system, but the question is: will there be any news at all?

What a silly situation...they are risking (and loosing!) their fanatic customers (like me ;-) ....and it seems that this isn't bothering them at all.

Does anyone here have any news or information concerning the intentions of Kyocera with the brand Contax?

And the alternatives?
I read that many of you are working with anon EOS 1D(s) Series....but how about the Nikon D2X? Which Lenes do you think may be closer to CZ, the Canon or the Nikon?

Ciao,
Stephan

It is all quite sad. It appears Kyocera has deep-sixed Contax as a professional / advanced camera system brand, other than what has currently existed, i.e. nothing new since the ND (which means Now Defunct). Kyocera has become the Advanced Point-N-Shoot brand, I guess competing with Samsung and Sony ...

> Contax USA was not even represented at this year's PhotoPlus Expo show > in New York in November. We live in hope that eventually Kyocera will > produce a decent digital SLR but the evidence is pointing to the > opposite conclusion. If Kyocera is working on a digital SLR, one > would assume that Kyocera, like Leica, would announce plans well in > advance in order to keep their loyal customer base informed. Most > companies understand the value of customer loyalty, so I think that > Kyocera's silence, coupled with their disappearance from PhotoPlus > Expo in NYC, is compelling evidence that the Contax SLR is dying.

> Even better, if like Leica they decided to make a interchangeable back > for the film SLRs that they make. As in the Digital-Modul-R.

I am shooting Canon for jobs, and ND for fun. I may invest in a digital back for my C645 as price are coming down. I won't count on Kyocera on any dSLR plan as I long ran out of patient and constantly looking for alternatives.

Whether Canon, Nikon, Leica, Olympus or Sigma dSLR, it all depends on personal requirements. Hope not to see a brand war starts in this forum.

Back