DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Shift lens for the 645

Hi John-

I have the Hartblei Super Rotator lens. I bought it directly from Hartblei in Ukrainia. I have not had much time to work with it as our weather here in Minnesota is still chilly. I emailed the company and arranged for payment. About 2 weeks later I received the lens. It is a beautiful lens. Very well built (excellent fit and finish). All manual operation. The owners instructions are clear and concise. Mine came packaged with a case and the lens hood (which I ordered). The lens fits the 645 like a glove. It rotates in so many directions that I can't conceive of a distortion angle that it cannot correct. Of course this is my first shift/tilt lens. I'm sorry that I don't have ex&les to share with you. I would recommend contacting Michael Riechmann at www.luminous-landscape.com regarding his experience. Michael wrote an in-depth review on the lens that is excellent. FYI...I noticed some negative comments about Michael in the forum from a forum member that I really respect (because his posts/advice have really helped me). Here is my 2 cents...Here is what I can say about luminous-landscape.com and Michael Reichmann....Look at his work and judge his ability...then look at his website...He has the guts and maybe the incentive (who cares) to produce art and to write reviews. He shares the reviews and techniques openly. The quality of the information he provides is excellent. Whether you agree with him or not, he makes good points. I have used his reviews and conversed with him by email and he has helped me bring my production to a level that I could not have achieved in the timeframe that I have. I would suggest that before we rip on other photographers we stop and think about the fact that there are multiple audiences at multiple levels on this forum and some users may find value in what others have to offer. Unless someone is a troll or offers information that is seriously flawed, I'd suggest that you lay off. He has been at it for a long time. This is just an opinion.

Back