DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Old Guy - New to Forum

kg_murray

Hi. My name is Keith. Although I registered here a long time ago I have not posted until now.

I used to shoot a lot years ago. I have 500C/M and 2000FC bodies with a couple of lenses to go with them. None of it has been used for several years and I am sure they could all use a thorough going over.

I would love to start shooting again but I am very much an old-school film guy and am woefully out of touch with current technology with regards to photography. Does anyone use film anymore? Is there a niche for us old-tech guys?

Just wondering what it would take to start shooting again . . .

Other stuff about me: I live in Washington state and roast coffee for a living. I enjoy fine cigars and an occasional dram of scotch.

Thanks in advance for any help I might get. I am looking forward to spending more time here and learning what I can from the experts!

Keith

You are welcome with your postings and questions.

And there are several of us that is (still) using film. My self for example.

I don't know if that makes me a old-tech guy?
But I do like steam engines...?? :D

Back