DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Yashica Lenses vs Zeiss lenses

Mike, if you want to disassemble the 35-105, I suggest you look at some of Thomas Tomosy's books on camera repair. You will see that many lenses are taken apart by removing retaining rings, even the engraved ring on the front first. There are many ways to get at the back of the lens by disassembling the lens mount flange. Read the book first if you want any chance of putting the lens back together in a usable way. Zoom lenses are more complicated. Best wishes.

Well, here's the rest of the story:

Tackled the lens disassembly myself, with some help from various references, unfortunately none pertaining directly to this lens. After many false starts I did manage to break down the lens and retrieved the loose screw. A second loose screw was also found, and the round retainers for these screws were part of the zoom control. The latter were completely stripped. Cant imagine how that occurred.

Bottom line I now have a couple of lens elements that I can use as magnifying glasses, and the rest of the hardware is in the trash bin. Learned a lot about lens assembly in the process. Hope I don't need to apply that knowledge any time soon.

Mike.
sad.gif

Back