DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax T3

By Bradford Hyatt Lee:
"Well, I decided to quit worrying and I bought the darn thing. Now if I have problems, I'll be sure to let you know. If I don't, I may look into buying other Contax cameras later. This is my first Contax, I'll be checking in. Thanks for all the help."

If you're stunned by the results of your T3 pix, let us.

If you're disappointed, go somewhere else!!!! j/k :)

Niki

I'm trying to decide myself whether to go with a T3, or a TVS/Leica minilux zoom. I want the best optics, but am worried about loss of versatility w. no zoom.

I have a Canon AE2, but want something smaller to travel and just carry around, but with great optics as I've already wasted 300 on a minolta p&s that takes fuzzy photos.

Any opinions?

Does any one know if i can get a data back for T3 in black finish to go with my black T3?

A reputable dealer in my area said he perferred his T2 to his Leica Minilux. I would assume the T3 also trumps the Leica.

I recently purchased the Yashica T4 Zoom. I can't say it has great optics. The camera cost $199 so I'm not sure what the expectation level should be. I'm going to send my next rolls of film to a different processor to see if that makes a difference and to determine if the Yashica T4 Zoom is better than my Samsung with a Schneider lens----which takes quite nice photos.

I, too, consider the T3, but I really enjoy a zoom lens and this keeps me, at this time, from buying the T3.

Please keep us posted on your decision.

The zoom will lose you too much picture quality. As a T3 owner, my vote is - of course - for the T3. You really can't beat it not only for superb photo quality, but also for versatility.

James Miller

>They do sell the data back in black for the T3. I've seen it on the B&H >website.

>Hi Diane, I've been pretty happy with the prints I've gotten from A&I. I've developed slides and print film there. A lot of professional photographers use their services and places like B&H sells their mailers.

Thanks for the replies. I too am worried about loss of quality by comprimising on the zoom feature. I saw some photo's by a friend's trip to Spain taken with the Nikon pro line and I was impressed to say the least...compared to the consumer line of eos optics. Anyway, I figure I want the best optics now to try. Seriously leaning towards the T3.

btw, b&h emailed me saying they're having a sale, December 12-15 (we are
closed on Saturday the 14). There will be an additional 10% savings on all Contax
camera's and accessories ( Except the new TVS Digital).

Thanks for everyone's posts! I've been trying to find the right camera for myself, too. But great cameras are nothing but the right set of compromises. Also, I had to think about how I shoot. Looking back, I never used zooms:
Yashica FX-2 with 50mm F1.4 and center weighted non-coupled meter - never used the 28mm or 135mm that came with it.
Canon Sure Shot with 35mm lens and no DX or zoom - Puerto Vallarta was a lot of fun with that camera and not the Yashica. Set the film speed up/down for exposure compensation.
Zeiss Ikon Nettar with 75mm F4 Novatar - no meter, guesstimatic focusing but beautiful scenics on 120 film - even some close-ups at F22.
So for me, exposure control and lens quality are everything. Was thinking about the Minilux F2.4 but too many problem reports and too big.
So, I just ordered my T3 - great lense, fast, small, AE and spot metered autofocus extra. This is going to be fun!!

Thanks,
Donovan Doak

Back