DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Question for MP1 users

G

Dear Forum Members,

I just ordered a C645 and waiting anxiously for it to come. I am also a new member to this forum.

I had a question about the MP1 Power grip regarding the use of the batteries. When installed, does the MP1 supplement the 2CR5 in the body, effectively adding a second battery? Or does the MP1 completely replace the 2CR5 in the body? The Contax website is not very clear about this. It simply mentions a switch between 2CR5 or AA batteries.

Regards,

Sang

Sang, The MP-1 power grip replaces the C645 original battery holder grip. When you install the MP-1, you need to remove the orginal battery holder grip.You then install the 2CR5 in the MP-1 and the optional 4 AA batteries. You can then swith between the 2CR5 or AA batteries as power source.(I think you may have to install the 2CR5 regardless with you use the AA or not).

Dear Sang, You remove the battery housing supplied with the 645 and the MP-1 replaces it.
You still install the 2CR5 battery but also install 4 AA batteries. Can also use rechargable batteries NM-hi 1800ma are the best.
If the AA batteries run out you slide a switch that then uses the 2cr5 battery that is now a back up battery untill you have time to recharge or replace the AA Batteries. You can also plug in an external 6Volt battery sourse if you need to
Regards Bob.

Bob, Albert. Thanks for the helpful information. I just got the kit and slowly acquiring information about the accessories and addons. I will be shooting my first batch of film this week. Boy I am excited :).

Back