Looking for a G2

Trader history for brianlee (0)

B

brianlee

I'm looking for a near-mint G2 + 45mm as a starter kit. eBay is obviously one option but can anyone give advice on other possible sources? I am based in the UK if that helps.

Brian

panamacolin

try
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
also sometimes people list them on
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
Best of luck.  I prefer the Green lable G1 to the G2 because it is smaller and lighter and also cheaper  with the money you save you could buy another lens or pay for a bunch of film and processing....a black G2 on the other hand now that is nice! 

B

brianlee

Thanks for the advice Colin. I have read so much about the pros and cons of G1 vs G2 and I actually prefer the smaller size of the G1. However, at some point I am sure I will want the 90mm and I have heard of some problems when using G1 + 90mm?

panamacolin

Theres no Problem with focussing a G1 and 90mm lens I have owned 4 G1's and never had a problem focussing the G1 with a 90mm lens.  The only advantage I could with the G2 is on the back side of the camera there is a focus lock button which the G1 does not have.  But you can also lock focus by depressing the shutter half way....its all personal preference and how much cash money you have to spend. I would take the G1 green lable unless you have the funds to buy the black kit.

planar

Brian if you live in the UK and read A.P. you will know of the Company in Inverness F****S
I have spoken with then today and they have 10 mixed G in stock all different prices.
Just check you get one with the Green Label as it will work with the 21mm and 35mm lenses.
Sorry but this keh.com from the U.S. sold a friend in the club a G1 and the 35 - 70 to go with it, these cannot be used together so says enough about them. Anyhow im sure you want to buy locally and best of luck, no problem with the G1 and 90mm Sonnar, old wifes tale. Bob