DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

WEBMASTER LOOK HERE

G

grform

Posted by webmaster (Admin) on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 5:15 pm:
Gösta,

we appreciate your Olympus pages, but this
is an Olympus forum for Olympus cameras.
If a user is asking here a question, we try to answer this question WITHIN THIS forum.

We are not happy about posting x-times the same link in different threads and would prefer if you use your experience with the Olympus OM system and share it here with others.

Answer:

1 It's not my website - but it have many good
answers to many bad questions about OLYMPUS
OM:)!
2 I have linked to it in my previous answer in
this forum, but no-one really take the chance
to look here!
Instead they keep on questioning the same
questions!
3 It's a very, very, very good and informative
site and I just have to pass the URL on!
4 If you are "not happy" with my behaviour - feel
free to delete me!
I have learned a lot from this site and I
haven't learned even 5% of it here!

I KEEP RECEIVING E-MAILS UNRELATED TO ANYTHING I ASKED OR OWN. Please stop bombarding me with multiple e-Mails with useless advice telling me how to ask a question. Please, just get me OFF of the forum list. OUT. I resign. Goodbye.

Pete,

please look at the buttom of the e-mail to change your e-mail notification settings.

Gösta,

"I have linked to it in my previous answer in
this forum, but no-one really take the chance
to look here! Instead they keep on questioning the same questions! "

We know that and this shows obviously that people prefer to ask the questions in this forum and also to get the answer in this forum.

It does not make sense to try to educate other users on their preferences. If they prefer reading here, let them do this, it is their free will.

"I have learned a lot from this site and I
haven't learned even 5% of it here!"

If other experienced users would have the same attitude - not willing to help the less experienced users by posting within the forum - this would never change. Maybe you should think about that.

We are not planning to discus this even further, because we do not want to bother other users with this. Feel free to write to webmaster@olympusinfo.com if you feel this should be discussed more in detail.

talker.gif
BYE

Dear webmaster and others
I think Gösta deserves better treatment than received from those who have complaint about him offering that link. Therein one can find almost all the technical information there is to know about the OM system. And our fellow members of this forum would be well advised to spend HOURS going through the "eSIF/om-sif.htm".
I understand that there are many questions which can only be answered by people who have extensivelly used the OM system but some homework is necessary too. You cannot just open your mouth and expect food to fall in it from the skies.
My friendly advise to all members is to use more time reading 'eSIF/om-sif.htm' than scolding Gösta for showing the way to a wealth of information.

regards

Hi Michael,

I do think that there is a misunderstanding. We did not criticise that a link was published per se. We criticised that the exact same link was posted yesterday again 14 times in different threads.

That is a huge difference. And I understand that some members are not delighted to get 14 times the same e-mail within minutes.

The original first link made by Gösta on wednesday is still untouched and was never criticised from us.

Back