DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Using F Flash mode on R9 with studio flash equipment

barney

Mainly I set R9 to "F" mode, (shutter to 250 sec or slower) then aim lens at grey card (about where my subject is), press down on the "stopping down slider" to set off flash and to get reading. Once I get reading and set the f-stop to correct setting, would I then press the shutter button to take the picture while it's still in the "F" mode? Or take that reading, set the camera mode to "M" then take the picture?

What puzzles me a little, is why there are no postings on the R9 in the last recent months of 2005? Has everyone dumped this camera ? I know it was not much of an improvement on the R8, but surely not that bad ?

Probably not enough people using film when compaired to digital. Though I love my R9 with film, I would like to have one day the digital back. I'm wondering if once I get the digital back on, if I would ever want to shoot on film again. Probably yes, if I'm shooting slides or want a big enlargment.

Smith,
Try a digital camera now and you'll know digital image is not good enough. Colors are changed by software. You would not beleive that the image is shot with a Leica lens.
songura

> [Correct! The digital camera is not quite 'there' yet. I use both Canon > and Leica ( FD and Series R and still prefer what 'analog' film has to > offer, whilst maintaining a digital presence (Fuji), Give the digital > thing a year or two and I'll change my tune!

Mike Murphy http://www.scotcolour.com/]

> [Correct! The digital camera is not quite 'there' yet. I use both Canon and Leica ( FD and Series R ) and still prefer what 'analog' film has to offer, whilst maintaining a digital presence (Fuji, in my case), I still enjoy my photography. Give the digital thing a year or two (and its advances), and I'll probably change my tune!

Mike

http://www.scotcolour.com/

]

Back