DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

My dear bluetits

Guest .

Banned
Hi All,

greetings from my garden now .... some little sunlight today!

View attachment 1334 View attachment 1335

SIGMA SD14 / 80-400mm EX OS (@400mm) Both pictures crops!

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Attachments

• Sample 2.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Sample 3.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 3.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 37
These photos are very good and look exceptionally sharp. Nicely done! Is there any post-production work or is it the lens by itself that gives you this result? I have the same camera and two sigma lens (18-50 f2.8 EX DC Macro, 150-500 f5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM) and never get this kind of sharpness.

Best regards!

jeff tchaderjian....I am going to make two assumptions...please forgive me if I infer-wrong...

1st Assumption - you are probably using a UV filter on the lens...
2nd Assumption - you are not using a mono-pod for the shots...

And just a side note...a Polorizer on a very sunny day is a must...

Ok put your 150-500 on a monopod when you shoot...to help you balance out better....second...take the UV filter off...I have found that they are great in protecting your lens...but soften-up the image when used...

Use SPP and shoot in x3f format...when you import the image into SPP you can sharpen it there...and play with the balances...then export the image as a JPG then bring it into Lightroom/PS/or NX2...for further manipulation...if it is needed...

Hope this helps out a little....

Tony C. :z04_cowboy:

Back