DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Lynx ahead .....

Guest .

Banned
Hi All,

after weeks of darkness and constant rain here I finally got the chance to do some portraits of a lynx this morning.

Meanwhile .... the rain has come back ...

View attachment 1260

SD14 / 80-400mm EX OS (@315mm / ....1/100s ..... / F:6.3 ISO 100)

View attachment 1261

SD14 / 80-400mm EX OS (@400mm / ....1/30s ..... / F:6.3 ISO 100)

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Attachments

• -Luchs-1.jpg
    EXIF
    -Luchs-1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 12
  • -Luchs2-.jpg
    EXIF
    -Luchs2-.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 9
Hi all,

after some very constructive and helpful comments on the background of picture one (in the gallery ......I had no choice to choose for another background :)) I did some additional work on the cat.

View attachment 1274

Klaus

Attachments

• -Luchs3-.jpg
    EXIF
    -Luchs3-.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 9
Hi Klaus,

You are as technically clever as you are creative! That is a very good production; comparing both one after the other, if you were not giving hints, I would not know which is one exposure and which is a production. On the other hand, if I had to choose a favorite, it would be the second one, because I find it more aesthetically appealing.

Good luck with your pictures!

Robert

Hi Robert,

though I am no real fan of picture "fakes"...... I am very experienced in doing photographic productions.

Anyway I have my own code of honour ...... :)

I never use foreign image material! Every picture pixel is my own work ... out of my own cameras.

Compare:

Original: View attachment 1275 Composition: View attachment 1276

Original: View attachment 1277

Composition 1: View attachment 1278 Composition2:View attachment 1279

Nobody has "found me out" with these shots so far.

To do a believable montage .... you must feel the light ... ;)
Since I come from conventional photography .... I do not want to return. I now am 100% digital .... such creative work is absolutely unthinkable with conventional photography ..... :rolleyes:

Klaus

P.S. Most of my pictures are "real" .....

Attachments

• Sample 7.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 7.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Sample 4.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 4.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 4
  • Sample 3.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 3.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Sample 5.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 5.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Sample 6.jpg
    EXIF
    Sample 6.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 5
These are superb. The fact that they came from your own sense of composition is very nice. Really some fine work, and I like the way you have placed them in a "habitat" setting.

Hi Klaus,

That is fantastic, the yellow (finch???) at the suet feeder and then dominating the church. I saw the original posting with the suet several days before I saw the one with the church, and I did not pickup on the same bird; tonight finds myself laughing with amusement, at how "real" they both look. Now I ponder: would anyone have picked up on this, and if they would have, how long would it have taken, had you not shown the sequence.

They are all admirable images. Good luck with your photos and with your creative inspiration!!

Robert

Back