DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Sigma rear lens caps...

jesito

Hi colleagues,

I've been looking for rear lens caps for my SIGMA lenses and adapters but without any success.

Does anybody know any place where to buy them?.

Thanks in advance.

Jes.

Ebay...

I would look on ebay...there is always a hong kong based company that can manufacture these items for about $4.00....also you can look for the clear white slip on covers on ebay...sort-of a one size fits many...

Tony C.

Thanks Tony!.

After Uwe's advice, I ordered a bunch of Pentax-K caps, they will doble as SIGMAs, I've got a lot of K lenses without rear cap.

(I didn't find any Sigma)

Jes.

Some Pentax lens cap do not work as well

I tried some Pentax caps and they fit, but do not secure (loose to the extent that they turn and fall off). I ended up buying mine direct from Sigma (and ordered the newer, center pinch front caps as well). Got the caps in less than a week - very fast delivery.

Wayne

PS My order was with Sigma USA

Hi

it all depends of the manufacturer. I have Pentax rear caps from different sellers and some fit perfectly, some loosen over the time.

But to be sure, I agree. Buy the Sigma originals - or if they are too expensive, buy a broken Sigma lens at ebay and you get front and rear cap with it.

To save mailing costs, you can even tell the seller just to send the caps :z04_9856:

best wishes

...buy a broken Sigma lens at ebay and you get front and rear cap with it.
Often broken lens come without caps :(

Looked at 'bay, there were some offers for "JJC Rear Lens body Cap For SIGMA SA KPR body SA mount", for $7 or more. Well, you get both lens and camera body cap, but for sure they fit.

Back