DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Pentax SMC-A 55/2.8 to Adapt to Sigma SDxx

laurence2

Here is one reason I want to obtain a Sigma body, and utilize the screw-mount adapter (M42).

I love the old Takumar lenses, and I also love the newer (in this case) SMC-A 55/2.8 lens on the Pentax 645.

Specifically, the flare control is fantastic on the coated Pentax lenses, old or new.

This example hammers the flare issue home, as I shot directly into the sun itself.

Also, shadow areas have kept their integrity which is difficult for a lens to achieve when shooting such difficult contrast.

I "metered" in the brain, using the Sunny 16 rules; however, I opened up my "reading" three full stops, which pretty much
gave the exposure I wanted.

I anticipate using either a single M42 adapter with the 35mm lineup of SMC lenses, or possibly using the current medium
format lens with a couple of adapters - Pentax 645 to M42, and M42 to Sigma SA.

Looking forward to using the SMC lenses on whichever Sigma body I obtain!

LightShowonTiltedMeadow.jpg

Hi Laurence,

really an atmospheric landscape! :z02_respekt::z02_respekt:

You got wonderful warm colours in your picture.

See you with such nice pictures

Klaus

Thank you very much!

I just "went to the dark side" and ordered an SD14....
icon6.gif

Thee goes my wallet! Here comes an obviously fine and challenging piece of equipment!

Laurence

Awsome

Hello

Awsome shot!!!
No wonder you like to use that lens on the SD14.
Forget my comment in another thread about P645 to K, I did not know about the P645 to M42 option.

Here is one reason I want to obtain a Sigma body, and utilize the screw-mount adapter (M42).

I love the old Takumar lenses, and I also love the newer (in this case) SMC-A 55/2.8 lens on the Pentax 645.

Specifically, the flare control is fantastic on the coated Pentax lenses, old or new.

This example hammers the flare issue home, as I shot directly into the sun itself.

Also, shadow areas have kept their integrity which is difficult for a lens to achieve when shooting such difficult contrast.

I "metered" in the brain, using the Sunny 16 rules; however, I opened up my "reading" three full stops, which pretty much
gave the exposure I wanted.

I anticipate using either a single M42 adapter with the 35mm lineup of SMC lenses, or possibly using the current medium
format lens with a couple of adapters - Pentax 645 to M42, and M42 to Sigma SA.

Looking forward to using the SMC lenses on whichever Sigma body I obtain!

LightShowonTiltedMeadow.jpg

Back