DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

The adapter is only 10% of the difficulty...

Hi Jes,

the black adapter is the high-quality one from Poland. It does a perfect job!

The other one seems to be a Pentax-K type, that does not really fit the SIGMA-SA mount. That the aperture pin is not pressed is the other thing (you mentioned that). The worst thing then is, that its flange-to-film adjustment is wrong. If I am right, you should be able to focus wider than infinity!?? The lens then is to close to the image sensor .... I once had such an adapter ... it is no use.

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

It seems to be for SIGMA, it fits well on the camera. I got one of the Pentax-K and they get somewhat loose on the mount.
I just tested it and took it out quickly. It was not easy to take it out, so I'm not going to use it at all anymore, no matter if it focuses to infinity or not ;)
A pity because it's stronger than the polish one.
(Anyway if it's not useful, it's robustness is worth nothing)...

Kind regards,
Jes.

Hi Jes,

I have used the Polish-type-adapters for such a long time without any problems or signs of wearout ... they are solid enough and precision-made.

Klaus

Hi Jes,

I have used the Polish-type-adapters for such a long time without any problems or signs of wearout ... they are solid enough and precision-made.

Klaus

Ok, Klaus. Thanks for commenting.
Mine is working fine as well. The outer diameter is much bigger than the diameter of the other one, so no problems to unscrew it from the camera....

Kind regards,
Jes.

Back