DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Finally got a squirrel to pause

Steaphany

For a critter who lives with me, I have very few good photos of this hand raised squirrel. Her natural survival skills are on par with dropping just about anyone from any city into the Amazon jungle.

I got these while she was looking for places around the bed room to hid her pecans.

Attachments

• SDIM0276s.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0276s.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 7
  • SDIM0278s.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0278s.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 8
  • SDIM0280s.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0280s.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 6
  • SDIM0282s.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM0282s.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 9
Her name is Foamy, inspired by the Internet cartoon, and I do not refer to her as a pet. Foamy is like a small hyperactive ADD OCD person with her own ideas. She was arguing with me the whole time I was trying to take photos. Foamy didn't care that I thought she was cute, she needed to find places to hide her stash of pecans.

A friend got her after she was found as a baby when a dog was playing with her and a sibling. Foamy's eyes were not even formed and she needed constant care and a long time being kept warm in an incubator. Her sibling did not survive the injuries.

Steaphany, with such a wide variety of animals @ your place, is it referred to as the local zoo? ;)

Sincere regards, Jim R

Yes Jim, my home and ranch is referred to as the Waelder Zoo consisting of:
16 Tammar Wallabies
9 Horses
2 Miniature Horses
2 Donkeys
6 Parrots
2 Manga Double Yellow Head Amazons
4 Quaker or Monk Parakeets
3 Ball Pythons
2 Leopard Geckos
2 Doves
1 Albino King Snake
1 Albino Burmese Python
1 Dog
1 Squirrel
and my house has a 400 gallon / 1500 liter pond in the living room with an assortment of fish and a Crayfish who hides among the rocks

Steaphaney, THAT is a crowd and a half! And as for the indoor zoological pond, wow!

As a suggestion to accommodate the imminent festive season, why not acquire a partridge in a pear tree, hmm? :)

Oh, and a request is hereby lodged for a picture of the pond, please?

Sincere regards, Jim R.

The quacking from out side the window reminded me that my list missed a Duck and a Chicken. Both were rescued by a friend when she worked at a local shelter.

Instead of a pear tree, would some banana trees do ? I have three banana trees growing in pots that I keep near the pond.

When the light is right, I'll get some photos of the pond to post.

Instead of a pear tree, would some banana trees do ? I have three banana trees growing in pots that I keep near the pond.

Well, at a pinch, providing the bananas all have right handed bends, not left handed ones.

Sincere regards, JR

Back