DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Cloudscape

james1410

Local view after a bit of HDR. Grey grad and polarizer used to take image. Nothing else used esp photoshop insert!!!

Attachments

• SDIM1679_7_8 small.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM1679_7_8 small.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 28
Hello James,

a wonderful, very impressive photo you got there. :z02_respekt:
FANTASTIC COLOURS is, what comes to my mind first.

Using a polarizing filter was quite a good thing to do ... I think. It empahsizes the sky just to the right extent.

From the gallery I know, that you are British. Is the shot from South West England as well?

By the way .. I love Britain .... next week I will be to London again (just a day trip..) I have been there so many times ... it is different each time!
For sure, I will not be there without my SIGMA.

See you with such nice pictures

Klaus

Hi,
that´s a great one.The clouds come out very pretty.

This one I took a few days ago.
I think it fits in here
It is out of the DP1, the RAW converted with SPP2,5
and resized
View attachment 258

Regards
Uwe

Attachments

• clouds15may08.jpg
    EXIF
    clouds15may08.jpg
    299.4 KB · Views: 17
Yes the houses in the scene form part of Bradford Peverall in Dorset.

I like the result off the DP1. If I hadnt bought a Canon A640 recently I would look at one myself. I use 2.5 and lightroom. I find 2.5 frustratingly slow but a good performer. Lightroom doesn't give a very large image to work on and there are just too many options!! I like to keep things as simple as possible.

Yes the houses in the scene form part of Bradford Peverall in Dorset.

I like the result off the DP1. If I hadnt bought a Canon A640 recently I would look at one myself. I use 2.5 and lightroom. I find 2.5 frustratingly slow but a good performer. Lightroom doesn't give a very large image to work on and there are just too many options!! I like to keep things as simple as possible.

Absolutely true!! ... as far as Lightroom is concerned! It is overloaded with functions, which keep me away from my image.

An alternative is ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) fhich works with Photoshop. There you get exactly the same image processing but clearly structured!

Another converter which processes SIGMA X3F (except DP1 and Polaroid X530) is RAW PHOTO STUDIO ... do you know??

See you with nice pictures

Klaus

Hi,
that´s a great one.The clouds come out very pretty.

This one I took a few days ago.
I think it fits in here
It is out of the DP1, the RAW converted with SPP2,5
and resized
View attachment 226

Regards
Uwe

Hi Uwe,

an impressive and colourful shot! :z04_photos:

I wonder, if you could have done without the houses' gables in the foreground??? .... or ... include more of the houses in your picture?? ;)

Klaus

Hi Uwe,

an impressive and colourful shot! :z04_photos:

I wonder, if you could have done without the houses' gables in the foreground??? .... or ... include more of the houses in your picture?? ;)

Klaus

I agree Klaus. The tiny bit of roof ridge is annoying. Crop it off!!! Please!

I agree Klaus. The tiny bit of roof ridge is annoying. Crop it off!!! Please!
On the final version,printed 30x20cm,the "annoying roofs"are gone.:)
I don´t know why I picked the wrong one to post here,shame on me.:z04_2171:
Next time I will be more carefully.
Uwe

Here we go, Straight from my Sigma SD14, No editing......!!! (except for the image resize for this post) ENJOY :)

Cam : Sigma SD14
Lens : Sigma 18-50mm DC Kit Lens

Attachments

• SDIM1141.jpg
    EXIF
    SDIM1141.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 15
Back