DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

New Minolta Scanner with 5400dpi

"Minolta is coming out withn a new filmscanner. 5400 dpi, 16 Bit color depth, ICE etc. Price and availability not public yet. For 135 and Medium Format......"

This is just the news I have been waiting for, I have the Dimage Scan Elite II and I think it is excellent, better Dynamic range than Nikon etc.., but I want one that will do Medium Format for the Rollei TLR I am about to acquire.

So Dirk, you have made my day!

Simon G

Simon.

sorry but, I reread the article and have to correct this. It is only for 35mm. I guess I hoped too much for this as a Medium Format scanner
happy.gif

But once they start with a new 35mm scanner it might make sense to bring out a new multi pro too?

I hope that I did not screw your day now...

Dirk

Posted by Dirk on Wednesday, April 09, 2003 - 11:10 am: > > Simon. > > sorry but, I reread the article and have to correct this. It is only > for 35mm. I guess I hoped too much for this as a Medium Format scanner >
happy.gif
> > But once they start with a new 35mm scanner it might make sense to > bring out a new multi pro too? > > I hope that I did not screw your day now... > > Dirk

I Just know that if I buy the Multi pro now, they will bring out a replacement that is much improved at the same price.

No, you did not screw my day, it has got me dreaming of milled aluminium Multi Pro with 6,000 dpi, higher dynamic range, better full screen preview screen and LVD SCSI., oh yes, and 20% cheaper!

regards Simon

Lots of luck Simon.

I've got my order in already. Frustrating stuff this digital revolution.

Craig

Jonathan et alii,

use this link and click on the scanner name:

http://www.minoltaeurope.com/press/press.html

Have you all seen the price drop of the Nikon 8000 in the US? Street price is now around 2300 USD. Nikon officailly dropped it I think to 2700 USD

Also the Nikon 4000 dropped in prices...

Dirk

High there
Just got my Minolta 5400 today, what a pitty I can´t use it due to the fact that} the AC adapter is missing....I can´t believe this that´s like buying a car without wheels...
Regards, Thomas

Back