DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Fast 35mm prime for D80 - any suggestions

Thew

Hope someone can help me on this.

I'm looking for a wide 35mm prime for my D80. I would like a fairly fast lens for photography in poor light conditions and the ability to deliver a nice bokeh.

Whats the verdict - am I going to have to sell my kidney to afford something close to what I'm looking for or is there a cheep alternative out there.

Thanks in advance.

Matthew

Anyone?????

What I'm looking for is something like the new Nikon 35mm f1.8G AF-S DX Lens but taking the D80 crop factor into consideration probably something more like a 20 - 25mm.

Does this product even exist?

Hi Matthew,

I use the 30/1.4 HSM from Sigma. It's not a 20-25mm lense, but thanks to HSM = AF-S quite quick and with f/1.4 very fast.

I can recommend this lense. I also use it on a D80.

As far as I know there is no AF-S lense available with less focal length than the 30mm.

Cheers
Mike

PS: there is no much going on in this forum... so answers take a while. The German Nikon.info is much better and I'm sure you'll find some English speaking users there as well. It's worth a try.

Back