DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Contax ND

I wonder if that applies in USA only as those settings don't appear on = my computer unfortunately - Outlook 6.

John

Dirk, Don,

just to resolve the "string" riddle: Actually the key is marked 'Strg' on German keyboards which does not mean 'string' at all but stands for the german word 'Steuerung' that easily transaltes into 'control' or 'ctrl' on english keyboards. The string-thing was brought up by some english-illiterate german computer geeks in the early 90s who also have to be blamed for the general mispronounciation of several words (like 'router') in german speaking countries - but that's a long and sad story I don't want to expand on here. :))

Kaisern,
you mentioned a boost in battery life after changing to a different charger.
Can you share make, model, type or whatever differentiates this thing from the bundled Sanyo?
If it was just a different charger (the expensive ones go for like $40-50)... Man!

Christian

Marc,

I apologize to you and all others on this thread for placing my rant on venting here as this is certainly one of the best thread on this site. It was just a bad week and Christian's comment triggered my frustration with other areas. I have learned alot from the ND thread.

And you are right, the TVS Digital is not the same as the ND and you certainly have a right to be as frustrated as you (that's an editorial you) have been considering the price and hype about the camera.

Gary

Anyone,

I give up trying to figure out how to print a "contact print" from Photoshop of multiple images. Can this be done and if so, how do I do it.

On a separate note, I would like to add my "two cents" on printing ND images. Using the Epson 2200, there is no way you can tell these are digital even at 12 x whatever. The trick is to have all settings just right in PS and the printer dialogs. I had to take a course on the printer just to figure out how to get it to render the images the way I wanted them. It was well worth the time (3 hours) and money (a mere $30). Epson has been running these courses all over the country. I say if you can't get good prints you are doing something wrong. Please don't blame the camera or the printer. With the correct workflow, printing is a non-issue.

Thanks (and my apologies to Dirk for probably posting this in the wrong thread).

Diane

Diane, what version of PS are you running?

On 6 and 7 you go to top menu "FILE" , scroll to "AUTOMATE", then to sub-menu, click on "CONTACT SHEET 2". Select the size print you want, select how many images, select the folder those images are in and press the button... that's it.

Gary,

I wonder if people are thinking of the facilities provided in APS with = mid role rewinds etc.

John

Is there a gallery of ND images anywhere?

I can probably got to photosig, but I'd like to see something devoted to Contax digi-cams as there is to the Contax G series.

Dana Curtis Kincaid Pinnacle Systems Technical Support Indy

Back