DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

CARD ERROR

• Thread starter Oklahoma_ridgerunner
  • Start date
O

Oklahoma_ridgerunner

My camera tells me that I need to format my smart media cards when it is turned on, but when I try to format the cards. I get a CARD ERROR message.

Can the camera be saved or is it DOA?

yes, I tried all three of my cards. I also could checked these cards out in my card reader and down load images to the cards and in turn up load images to my PC from the cards.

I had not tried formating via my reader, but I have and I get the same message and same reaction to formating...CARD ERROR.

Sorry, that confused you. I was able to format the Smart Media card while in the reader via the computer. When I put the card back into the camera, I got the same message that the card needed to be formatted and then the "CARD ERROR" message when I tried to format it in the camera.

Oh dear! Does not sound too good. I wonder if you could get from Olympus the firmware to reintroduce into the camera.....it seems like a software problem to me.

des kinsman, thanks for your kind help, and I will see what help our friends at Olympus can provide

again thank you, you have been most helpful.
happy.gif

Darrell
Are you sure the card is making proper contact with the camera? If not the camera will report all sorts of wierd errors.
Have a look at the card slot and carefully *look* to see if everything is clean - don't poke anything in though! If in doubt take it to the camera shop and have them clean it.
Good luck
Nicholas

Back