DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

8500 Mirror

C

ctueni

Hello,
I own a Nikkor 8/500 mm latest version. I am quite happy with it, but I hear frequently some complaints about this lens.
Can I share some experiences with other owners, resp. opinions?

[I recently purchased this lens thru Ebay and cannot tell you how happy I am that I did. I was aware of the favorable comments (by Moose Peterson of this lens as being "tack sharp", and other reports) were so highly regarded, I also purchased a 2x teleconverter for that "extra push" when shooting wildlife. I would highly recommend this lens to anyone who can find one when it is available. I took a picture of the half-moon last night and have included for your review (no editing). My only other comment about this lens is that it takes some practice and skill to focus, as the lens is very, very sensitive. It works great for static subjects (such as landscape and wildlife) but is very difficult to focus for action shots that are dynamic (such as sports, action, moving subjects) (I also posted a shot taken at the local model airplane park of such a moving target). Hope this helps

Back