DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

C8080 noise and speed

W

wiskooy

at 400 asa my pictures have been really disappointing. at or below 100 asa results have been magnificent. can anyone tell me why a nice camera like the C8080 cannot take great pictures throughout its range? <> i would also like to know how to utilize the 1/4000 second shutter speed on the camera. under what conditions can that speed be used?

The answer, Clarence, is unfortunately quite simple - NO 8 mgp point and shoot performs acceptably well at 400 iso because the sensor is - in reality - too damn small to deliver good results at 8 mgp. The C8080 is no different from its competitors in this respect. As you note, the results at lower ISOs are really stunning - I'd say that up to 160 the results are excellent, and they're acceptable up to about 200 or so. But outdoors in good light - or with flash - I can use the C8080 professionally and know I'll get excellent results.

Back