CI Photocommunity

Register a free account now!

If you are registered, you get access to the members only section, can participate in the buy & sell second hand forum and last but not least you can reserve your preferred username before someone else takes it.

MFS1 Focussing Screen

R

reflector

i sometimes have some problems to find the right point of sharpness - the solution was, to use the waistlevel-finder with magnifier.

could the mfs-1 screen, which offers a center horizontal split-image spot, could help me finding the right point of focus somehow easier and faster???

best
robert

colin

Robert, I use the C645 and have installed the split prism focussing screen. I have never had a problem with focussing either manual or AF. I don't use the WLF (don't own it) I was having difficulty with the standard screen but find the split image just fine. Another (cheaper) way is just be guided by the focussing confirmation dot.
Again, I find this deadly accurate. Whilst not truly a "professional", I cannot afford to have out of focus images for my clients!
Colin

R

reflector

colin, thank you for your fast reaction!!!. i'll order and check out with the mfs-1 [ it's not too much money for = sharp images ;) ] with the focussing confirmation dot everythings fine, when the point = of sharpness is in the center. if not it might result in unsharpness... thank you again. best robert

R

reflector

I now got the focussing screen MFS-1 with split prism and it's much easier focussing for me and more accurately to set the spot of focus (i sometimes was misguided by the focussing confirmation dot).
robert

colin

Robert, Glad you find the screen to your liking.
As mentioned earlier, I leave mine in permanently.
Colin

kiminsong

I Just ordered a used mfs-1 from adorama for $45.00 in e+ condition; suposely.
For those people running out of funds buying millions of stuff.
They may have a few more.