DPR Forum

Welcome to the Friendly Aisles!
DPRF is a photography forum with people from all over the world freely sharing their knowledge and love of photography. Everybody is welcome, from beginners to the experienced professional. Whether it is Medium Format, fullframe, APS-C, MFT or smaller formats. Digital or film. DPRF is a forum for everybody and for every format.
Enjoy this modern, easy to use software. Look also at our Reviews & Gallery!

Polaroid..

wbulte

Last Friday the remnants of the Polaroid company were sold at auction at about US$50m The new owners plan to revive Polaroid, so do not throw your Pola backs out with the thrash just yet (if only because Fuji is still around producing film)

In the same context the following might also be interesting (sorry, a URL..):

http://www.the-impossible-project.com/

Wilko

Hello Wilko,

URL, links, are no problem. You know where it hurts. That is not with these kind of links.

Intersting link to read:
To me the fact that there is analogue film makes me wonder where the hell is digital film?
Have I missed something or are there interesting new developments in the pipeline?

Paul

Hello Wilko,

URL, links, are no problem. You know where it hurts. That is not with these kind of links.

Intersting link to read:
To me the fact that there is analogue film makes me wonder where the hell is digital film?
Have I missed something or are there interesting new developments in the pipeline?

Paul

Interesting question. There was, I think, once a company called "Digital film". They did a product that fit a digital sensor in a 35mm cartridge and had a sensor sticking out of it on the filmgate, in a ways as a sort of upgrade to a standard 35mm camera. Product never took off.

Memory is dim here, one of these useless pieces of trivia you sometimes store in the ol' grey cells.

Wilko

Back